Friday, January 05, 2007

My FIRST PORTRAIT!

This is a portrait that I did of my sister for Christmas. My very first basic sketch was of Calvin a few months back and I decided to give it another go and try Rachel. I've never had the confidence to tackle any kind of life drawing because they are so hard to get right and take a great deal of patience. There is a TON of stuff to learn and improve on that's forsure! Took much longer than I thought and I learned from a lot of trial and error!!. Next time I'll work with a better quality picture that shows more detail and blow it up full size. I had to use my imagination for the hair and neck areas cause the original was cropped too much...eeck! I guess you have to start somewhere :)




4 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Laura and Ryan said...

That's great, Sharon. It really looks like her!

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic drawing Sharon. Your shading is increadible, gold stars for you!

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what an EXCELLENT first portrait!!!!

You and my sisters are my art inspiration these days.

Cousin Teresa

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Very very nice... Keep going.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home