Thursday, July 13, 2006



The land of lizards!


These guys were hilarious and would follow our every move.

Calvin and I had been enjoying a scenic walk along the north end of the island when out of no where a goat comes trotting towards us with three babies in tow. Her long horns concerned me, and I realized that we had better offer something for her to eat, lest we find out if she is prepared to "butt" us for food. While preoccupied by the goat, we suddenly discover several iguanas making their way slowly towards us from the trees. These iguanas were huge. With bodies that were larger than an average cat, it was obvious that these guys were fairly old. Feeding the goat a small cracker, the iguanas quickly took note of the food on the premises and scurried towards us, swinging their hefty bodies from side to side with every step. We gave them the couple of crackers we had left and once there was nothing left we assumed they would leave. That wasn't the case. The whole gang (mamma goat and babies, as well as the heard of iguanas) followed us for the whole walk and back. It was a riot!













5 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Laura and Ryan said...

That is hilarious! Your photos tell such a funny story!!! I particularly like the one of the goat and "his buddies" the iguanas, walking side by side, following their new friends. How unusual!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Hi Sharon! Laura gave your lizard photos a "plug" on her blog! They are so cute!! My fave is the close up where the little guy is taking a cookie. Very cute!

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger ~Share~ said...

That was sweet of Laura :)
Yeah the whole thing was pretty humorous! It was such a strange occurance especially because these were wild animals which usually tend to shy away. Actually at one point we ran into someone who was walking in the area and when he saw us with this herd of animals by our side he couldn't stop laughing. He thought is was very strange and couldn't believe they were joining us in our whole walk.

We felt sad leaving our new friends after and had a hard time saying goodbye.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Hey Sharon, that's hilarious! I don't even know where you guys are, but I'm guessing it's not Canada.

Oh... and about that husband thing... I can't beleive Calvin is the same way as Dave! It's a miracle! I've never heard of any guy being that extreme in his dislike of any bodily fluids! I often wonder how they go to the bathroom with themselves. Do they zone out and pretend that they are not connected to their body? Ha ha!

-cousin anna

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger ~Share~ said...

Hahaha! I'm sure Calvin will love it when he finds out what I've been dishing out about him. Gotta love them though and I guess in some ways it's a good thing because we could have the opposite and much worse situation to deal with...LOL

Oh Anna and yeah we are at home right now. I was just reflecting on some past moments. I think i'll be doing a lot of that on my blog :) Never thought I would get into the whole world of blogging but it's actually fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home