Monday, June 12, 2006

BYE BYE BIRDIE

For my wedding present 2 years ago my grandma gave be a beautiful bird house made from drift wood, beach stones, and shells (all my favourite things to collect when I was younger). Because we live in an apartment we thought it would be useless to put in out on the deck because there would be no birds that would want it. But you never know unless you try and so Calvin put it up outside with little confidence that anything would happen. To our surprise it worked and we had 2 tiny birds renting out the house for the spring. It was very entertaining seeing them fly back and forth trying to stuff a bunch of twigs, grass, even cotton into the small door hole. One day I saw a GINORMOUS bumbleee fly into the hole and we are a bit worried about him trying to take over the house. Game on for the birds and the bees!

Recently we haven't seen them and I am sure they've decided to move elsewhere. Come on! They had their own private house with free rent, food and water, What else could they want? I figure maybe they never laid eggs and so they didn't need it anymore OR the GINORMOUS bumble bee took over and is turning it into a beehive!

Calvin and I are both very sad about this. We were really looking forward to watching the widdle birdies attempt flight and feed from the mother.

Maybe next year :(

1 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger Lisa's Diet said...

I love the fact that your writing and blogging your stories Sharon. As I read I can hear your voice in my head. Yah I'm so glad you have a blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home